Heat generated during welding is a major factor affecting your contact tip life. This heat has a tendency to to anneal and soften the copper tip which increases the weld wire abrasion, micro arcing, and decreased conductivity on the inside bore causing early tip failure. Tips made from Copper Chrome Zirconium, have been used over the years to increase hardness and help extend tip life. The superior tip material design maintains its hardness at elevated temperatures which offers superior wear characteristics and electrical conductivity. Some of the benefits of CCZ tips are as follows
- Superior hardness and wear resistance.
- High electrical conductivity for improved arc starting.
- High performance, unaffected by higher operating temperatures.
- Outperforms Other Tip Materials
- Up to 5X the life over conventional copper
- Substantially increases scheduled cycle time tip change-outs
- Lower operating costs and reduce downtime from arc failures and unscheduled tip changes