Type B Solar Welding Flux 50g - Purge Replacement
For Stainless Steels, High Chromium and all other Alloys
Make 4 payments of $9.90 over 8 weeks and get it now!In Stock
Solar Flux is a complex chemical compound in the form of very fine powder. Solar Flux is mixed with alcohol (methanol/methyl alcohol preferred) and brushed on the weld joint. It is formulated to shield the back of the weld joint from oxygen, dissipate heat and unwanted oxides, and to clean the surface of the metal. It will aid in the flow of filler metal over the base metal and form a protective barrier to prevent re-oxidation and heat scale.
Type B is used for stainless steel, (except 309, 310), precipitation hardening steels, chrome-moly steels, other alloy steels with nickel content below 25%. Type B is a cost-effective replacement for Purging
- Shields the back of the weld joint from oxidization
- Cleans weld surface
- Aids flow of Filler metal over base metals
- 50g properly mixed will get roughly 22m of Joint
- Mixing Ratio 50g of Methanol : 123g of Solar Flux (184g : 454g)
- Far more cost effective than gas purging
- Produces X-Ray Quality Joints
**Search Part Number: SOFB01 for our 1Lb variant**
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Help other Hampdon Industrial Pty.Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.